Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The "Weigh-In"

Less than an hour after Hannah came into this world, it was time for her 'inspection' by the Midwives, along with the weighing. Unfortunately, my video camera stopped working at this point, and all I had was a digital camera in hand. But, my digital camera has a short video feature on it, and I was able to capture the clip below. You will see Nichole, one of the Midwives, my sister, and Courtney who is on the bed.

Listen closely and you will hear us all guess her weight. Notice who guessed right (and no, it wasn't me)!

Hear Nichole say '8.6lbs'...and Courtney's response? "Are you kidding?!!" Ha, priceless!

By the way, this little experience and many more confirmed in our minds that the home-birth option was the best decision in the world. Who gets to witness things like this in the hospital? Notice especially how vibrant Courtney is with no drugs in her system.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

so here i am watching this...crying AGAIN at how wonderful it was :)

thanks for sharing!!!!

leslie said...

I LOVE THAT!

Ann said...

How precious!!! We want MORE PHOTOS!!!